Runners and spectators can utilize of a variety of transportation options during MCM Weekend to arrive at event locations in Arlington, the home of the MCM; the nation’s capital; or National Harbor.
Getting around the nation's capital and Arlington, VA is easy with the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro). Runners are encouraged to become familiar with the Metro map in advance of event morning and be aware of the most convenient stations to access preferred locations. In advance of MCM Weekend, runners and supporters should purchase a Metro SmarTrip card. On the morning of the MCM, all Metro lines will open at 6 a.m.
- To the Expo. Take Metro to Eisenhower (yellow line) Van Dorn (blue line) stations, then enjoy a free shuttle to National Harbor.
- To the Kids Run. Take Metro to the Pentagon station (yellow or blue line), then ride the shuttle to the start line.
- To the MCM10K. The Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter station (green or yellow line) is most convenient to the MCM10K start. Other nearby options include L’Enfant Plaza (yellow, green, blue or orange line) or Smithsonian (blue or orange line).
- To the MCM Start. Access Runners Village through the Pentagon station (yellow or blue line).
- On Course. Smithsonian station (blue, orange or silver line) offers access to the National Mall for a stretch of the MCM course between miles 17-20. Crystal City station (blue or yellow line) delivers visitors to miles 22-23 of the MCM course and miles 3-4 of the MCM10K course. L'Enfant Plaza station (green, yellow, blue, orange or silver lines) takes individuals to the Beat the Bridge location at Mile 20. Arlington Cemetery (blue line) opens on event morning at 8:30 a.m. and is a short walk to mile 25 of the MCM course, mile 5 of the MCM10K course and the official finish line at the Marine Corps War Memorial.
- To the Finish. Use the Rosslyn station (blue, orange or silver line) to arrive at the Finish Festival or walk to the finish line at the Marine Corps War Memorial.
To the MCM Start.
- From Crystal City: Shuttles will follow a route from 23rd Street and Crystal Drive in Crystal City to Runners Village in the Pentagon North Parking lot from 4:30-8 a.m.
- From Gaylord National: From 4:30–6:00 a.m., MCM offers runners-only shuttles from the intersection of Waterfront and St. George to Runners Village at the Pentagon from the Gaylord National Resort, the MCM headquarters hotel at National Harbor. Beginning at 6 a.m., shuttle service will deliver runners to the Eisenhower Metro station (yellow line) until 9:00 a.m.
From the Finish.
- Rosslyn. Finish shuttles will be located in the Finish Festival on Oak Street and Wilson Blvd will return runners and spectators to 23rd Street and Crystal Drive in Crystal City.
- Gaylord National. To return to National Harbor, runners and guests should Metro to the Eisenhower station (yellow line) to access the free shuttles to the Gaylord National Resort. Return service will be available from 1030 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
To the Kids Run.
- From Metro. Utilize the free shuttle service running continuously from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. between the Pentagon Metro station (yellow or blue line) and the MCM Kids Run start/finish area.
Drop Off Locations
Runners being driven to the MCM start may be dropped off at Kiss and Run, located at the corner of Army Navy Drive and Fern Street and proceed to the Pentagon North parking lot.
- Expo. Pay parking is located at the Gaylord National Resort and in garages throughout National Harbor.
- MCM10K. There is no designated parking location for the MCM10K. Participants may seek locations in nearby downtown DC but are encouraged to Metro to the event start line.
- MCM. Free parking is available courtesy of the Crystal City Business Improvement District in the underground lots located at the intersection of 23rd and Crystal Drive.
Whether running or cheering for a runner, there are countless opportunities to experience history, culture and fun in Arlington, the home of the MCM. Experience world-class dining, shopping, sightseeing and nightlife around every corner.