After registering, some runners are unable to participate. These runners may opt to transfer their entry to a non-registered runner through the MCMO Transfer Program. Additionally, the transfer program offers registered runners the opportunity to switch between events.
Runners are required to find transfer partners, often brokered on the MCM Facebook page. The MCMO does not participate in this part of the process. When transferring an entry, runners do not receive a refund on registration fees. Any reimbursement of registration fees must be coordinated directly between the transferring runners.
How to switch your category (Event to Event transfer):
- Go to https://manage.hakuapp.com/login/marine-corps and login to your participant account.
- Once logged in, click on “Your Registrations” on the top of the page
- On the right side of the tile for your registration, click on “View Registration”
- At the bottom, click on the grey button labeled “Registration Options,” then click on “switch category”
To execute the transfer, please follow these steps:
- Login to your Haku account: Marine Corps Marathon (hakuapp.com)
- Click ‘Your Registrations’
- Click ‘Edit Registration’
- Scroll and click ‘Registration Options’ (bottom right size of page)
- Click ‘Transfer’
- Enter the name and email address of the person you wish to transfer registration to
- Select the option to pay the transfer fee or to pass on the transfer fee to the new runner, click “Transfer and Pay $” or “Transfer and Pass Fee” (green button).
At this time, the original runner is removed from the event and placed in the transfer file. The new runner will receive an email with a customized link to complete the transfer.
A transfer fee will be charged for runner-to-runner transfers.
Participants transferring to a longer distance event will be responsible to pay the difference in fees.
Participants who choose to transfer to a shorter distance event will not be refunded the difference of fees.
Due to the number of expected deferment re-registrations from 2020, 2021 and 2022, the Marine…
Do you have a group of friends, classmates, service members or more that all run?…