‘Tis the season to treat yourself to something sweet. Enjoy these delicious holiday recipes from staff members of the Marine Corps Marathon Organization.
Cranberry Nut Dessert
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs, beaten
½ teaspoon almond extract
- Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat. Stir in the butter, eggs and extract.
- Spread into greased springform pan or pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until done. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. (Joy Jackson)
½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup instant vanilla pudding dry (not prepared)
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (mix of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1 cup green and red M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl throughout.
- Meanwhile add flour, pudding mix and baking soda to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet in two parts. Fold in chocolate chips and M & M’s.
- Portion out 12 cookies and place them on a plate. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. Note: You must chill dough. If not the cookies will spread!
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. (Corie Carvajal)
Due to the number of expected deferment re-registrations from 2020, 2021 and 2022, the Marine…
Do you have a group of friends, classmates, service members or more that all run?…