Marine Corps Marathon Organization (MCMO) celebrates distance running and the honor, courage and commitment of every day athletes who choose to #RunWithTheMarines. On Wednesday, June 5, 2019, the MCMO will support Global Running Day. Throughout the annual event calendar, the MCMO will host runners from every state and more than 50 countries, truly global gatherings.
Global Running Day objective is to encourage people to ‘make the pledge’ to run on Global Running Day. Any step towards running is worth celebrating so runners are encouraged to #RunWithTheMarines.
To commemorate Global Running Day, runners can take advantage of a special 15% off registration discount for the entire MCM Event Series. Runners may register here using the discount code MCMGlobal2019 on Wednesday, June 5 until midnight eastern.
All MCM Event Series take place aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico. The reduced registration fee applies to
- Belleau Wood 8K. June 15. Run 4.97 miles in the spirit of the Marines who earned the nickname “Devil Dogs.”
- Run Amuck. June 15. The messiest MCM event guarantees runners will slip, slide and slosh through nearly four miles of wild obstacles, fun challenges and muddy terrain.
- Recon Ruck. June 15. Sends participants into Quantico’s hills, trails and roadways for a 12-mile journey while wearing a weighted pack.
- Quantico Tri. August 24. Open water swim in the Potomac, followed by a bike tour of Marine Corps Base Quantico, then a 5K run.
- Quantico 12K. August 24. 7.46 mile run-only option through Officer Candidates School and finishes on the famed OCS PT field. Preparation begins here for Marines, as well as many runners training for the MCM.
- Quantico Mile. August 24. A great option for kids to join in on the fun through Officer Candidates School.
- Turkey Trot 10K. November 23. Unleash a pre-emptive strike on holiday calories by running a 10K along the tree-lined roadways of Marine Corps Base Quantico.
- Turkey Trot Mile. November 23. Featuring fall foliage, a petting zoo and the wildest and the most festive Thanksgiving-themed costumes anywhere.
- Medal of Honor 8K. December 7. Run the greens of Quantico’s Medal of Honor golf course.
Global Running Day is an initiative of the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS), where the MCMO is a member organization.
Thanks for visiting this archived blog. The content and details are specific only for the event year highlighted in this article. For current information, please visit the event page within the MCM website.
The Marine Corps Marathon Organization will once again be offering a Seeded Runner option for the Marine Corps Marathon. This year, we are also bringing the option to the Marine Corps Historic Half. As a seeded runner, you will receive access to exclusive baggage with proximity to the start line, dedicated portable toilets, special access […]
Do you have a group of friends, classmates, service members or more that all run? The affiliated-based Teams competition returns to the Marine Corps Historic Half and the 49th Marine Corps Marathon (MCM). Gather your squad and get ready to take on the mission. Here is how it works: Teams are made up of four […]
Are you in the Fredericksburg area and training for the Marine Corps Historic Half? Come out to Fleet Feet Fredericksburg for a fun gathering with other area runners!