Safety Guidelines for Live Events
To prioritize the health and safety of the MCM running community and staff, we’re taking preventative measures and implementing the following guidelines for all in-person events:
- Do not participate if you are feeling sick or ill, have a fever or experiencing flu-like symptoms, or if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Persons from high-risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating.
- Runners are encouraged to not attend, defer or switch to a virtual event if they’re experiencing any symptoms.
- Bandanas are no longer advised as a face covering
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Do practice social distancing - at various locations at the start and finish and along the course. Ensure appropriate spacing between runners; the current recommendation is ten feet of separation during activity.
- Do not engage in traditional forms of physical contact (handshakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching) or close group pictures/selfies, unless from the same household. *Please be respectful of other people’s personal space and their reactions – if they seem uncomfortable, add more space between you if possible.
- Do wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using a port-a-john.
- Do not share personal items, such as towels, food, hydration, energy gels, etc.
- Participants should carry personal hydration (bottles/packs) if possible and use water stations as necessary while maintaining social distance guidelines.
- Additional masks will be available at water stations should your mask need replacing.
- Do not spit. If you must spit, do so away from people and areas that will have foot traffic.
- Only blow your nose in a tissue or a small towel; store, then dispose of properly.
- Announce when passing to allow for maximum space
- Run single-file, not two abreast unless there is ample public space to do so
- Dispose of waste in proper receptacles
- Lower volume in earbuds to maintain ability to hear other runners.
Please note that all individuals, age 18 and above, attending a Marine Corps Marathon Organization (MCMO) event on base and who do not possess a valid DoD issued ID card (CAC or TESLIN) must register into DBIDS and stop by the Visitor Control Center (VCC) to obtain a visitor pass. Please click here for more information.