Marine Corps Marathon Organization “Corps” Values for Runners:
The Marine Corps Marathon Organization (MCMO) strives to offer an enjoyable, well supported, respectful, inclusive, safe and fair competition environment. We depend on our participants to achieve this by upholding the high standard of conduct that the United States Marine Corps is known for. Please help us to provide a rewarding experience for all by adhering to the following MCMO “Corps” Values:
- Be courteous and respectful to other runners by lining up in the correct starting wave position based on anticipated pace.
- Follow the directions of Marine Corps personnel, race officials, law enforcement officers and course marshals at all times.
- Behave in a sportsmanlike manner, demonstrate respect to others and refrain from using profane language.
- Be aware of your surroundings, provide space for other runners and be predictable in your movements to the extent possible when in a crowd.
- Assist in ensuring safety, security and medical access in the race finish area by continuing to move through high flow finisher medal and hospitality item distribution zones and only gathering in areas designated for celebratory activities and reunification with friends and family.
- Participants must arrive in time to cross the event starting line within fifteen minutes of the established start time and must meet all established course cut off times to receive a valid race result. Individuals who cut the established course and cross the finish line, unless diverted toward the finish line by a race official for health and safety reasons, will be disqualified and potentially barred from future participation in MCMO events.
- Participants must only use a public or portable toilet and not relieve themselves on public or private property.
- Participants must not harass or inflict physical harm on any other participant, volunteer, staff, vendor or spectator.
- Participants must not harass, cyberstalk or otherwise cause emotional distress for any other participant, volunteer, staff, vendor, spectator, followers and subscribers to MCMO social media and digital properties including social media accounts, websites, emails, newsletters and other MCMO digital properties.