The Marine Corps Historic Half welcomes thousands of spectators and local residents who proudly cheer and show enthusiastic support for runners along he entire13.1 mile course. From sidewalks to front porches to storefronts, Fredericksburg embraces Historic Half participants and spectators animate an energize this historic city. Scenic neighborhoods, bands, shops and entertainers - even an animal petting area - there are a variety of on-course spots where spectators and residents can enjoy the day and motivate the runners.
- Historic Half and Devil Dog Double Start - Be there for all ceremonial excitement in front of the Expo & Convention Center.
- Semper 5ive Start - adjacent to James Monroe High School ****PLEASE NOTE**** There will be no shuttle service to bring spectators to the finish line from the Semper 5ive start line.
- Washington Avenue - near the scenic Kenmore Plantation
- Prince Edward Street - watch the runners from the picturesque Historic District
- Princess Anne Street - view the runners in Historic Downtown
- Caroline Street and Charlotte Street - cheer on the runners outside the Fredericksburg Visitors Center
- Caroline Street and George Street - see the Colonial Heritage Society Dancers perform in front of Goolrick's Pharmacy
- Riverside Drive - cheer on runners adjacent to the picturesque Rappahannock
- Hospital Drive at Care Way- motivate runners for the top of "Hospital Hill" - the challenging hill on the course
- Cowan Boulevard at Central Park (by the Car Wash)- Cheer on your runners the aerial display of the US flag by the Fredericksburg Fire Department.
- Finish - Congratulate your runner at the finish line located in front of the Virginia Credit Union Stadium, home of the Fredericksburg Nationals. (42 Jackie Robinson Way)
Track a Runner
Relatives, friends, running buddies and even Historic Half participants themselves can follow a runner's progress along the Historic Half course in real time. The virtual status reports will provide updates for one or multiple runners from various split locations and the finish line.
The timing data may be delivered by text, posted on a Facebook timeline, sent via email and/or sent over Twitter feed. During registration for this service, individuals may select the preferred means to receive updates. Registration for Track a Runner will be available soon.