VA Runner Training
There's no better way to prepare for the arduous incline of Hospital Hill then to head out on a training run. The 200-foot continuous incline up Hospital Hill poses the biggest contest for runners as they are to defy "the Hill" located on all Historic Half Weekend courses.
Historic Half sponsor VA Runner annually hosts free group training sessions to prepare runners for the signature challenge located on Mary Washington Healthcare campus.2019 Training schedule:
- Eight mile long run: Saturday, April 6 at 7 p.m.
- Six mile hill workout: Wednesday, April 10 at 6 p.m.
- Ten mile long run: Saturday, April 20 at 8 a.m.
- Five mile tempo workout: Wednesday, April 24 at 6 p.m.
- Ten mile long run: Saturday, May 4 at 9 a.m.
- Five mile fartlek workout: Wednesday, May 8 at 6 p.m.
Prior to each training run, participants will meet at the VA Runner store located at 1993 Carl D. Silver Parkway in Fredericksburg's Central Park.
Make this your best run yet! Take advantage of the personalization of a world-class coach at an incredible price with runcoach. On average participants training with runcoach saw a 20% improvement in finish times at the 2017 MCM and Historic Half. Whether you are a first-time participant, seeking a new PR, or somewhere in the middle - runcoach will help you race your best.
Training service is just $20!