MCM Holiday Recipes
‘Tis the season to treat yourself to something sweet. Enjoy these delicious holiday recipes from staff members of the Marine Corps Marathon Organization.
Cranberry Nut Dessert
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs, beaten
½ teaspoon almond extract
1. Combine flour, sugar and salt.
2. Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat. Stir in the butter, eggs and extract.
3. Spread into greased springform pan or pie plate.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until done. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. (Joy Jackson)
½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup instant vanilla pudding dry (not prepared)
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (mix of white and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1 cup green and red M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Add butter and both sugars to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in vanilla and egg. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl throughout.
2. Meanwhile add flour, pudding mix and baking soda to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet in two parts. Fold in chocolate chips and M & M’s.
3. Portion out 12 cookies and place them on a plate. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. Note: You must chill dough. If not the cookies will spread!
4. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. (Corie Carvajal)