MCM Audio Experience
The MCM Audio Experience presented by USAA offers virtual runners the opportunity to hear cheer messages from special guests while running in locations across the country or around the world. Runners can even solicit cheer messages from family and friends to play alongside the music or whatever else is in their earbuds.
MCM, MCM10K and MCM50K runners will hear specially recorded motivational messages as they reach designated mile markers. Some messages are inspirational; others will share what historic landmarks runners would be passing were they running the actual courses in Arlington, VA and the nation’s capital.
Listen to special cheer messages from MCM Director Rick Nealis; Col Will Bentley, Commander, Marine Corps Base Quantico; Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID); NBC4 anchor Leon Harris; actor Patton Oswalt; and other special guests.
Get helpful guidance from the MCM Psyching Team, share a moment of tribute with wear blue and hear the MCM emcee make the official start line motivational announcements.
Runners can also invite their own friends and family to record cheer messages specifically for them.
The free MCM Audio Experience for all three distances will be available beginning on September 27.
To Download App and Solicit Cheers:
- Download the Motigo App, available for iOS and Android.
- Sign up for the free account.
- Choose "Race." On the next screen, pick "Select Event", then choose your “Distance”
- Share Event with your own personal link: Invite your friends and family to pre-record cheers that will play during your race. They can download the Motigo App OR go to our website www.getmotigo.com and “Record Cheers” via web!
For Virtual Run:
- Before your run, open Motigo then click “Start Event” and you're good to go (make sure cellular and GPS is enabled for Motigo).
- Turn on any other music or other fitness apps you typically use. Motigo won't interfere with them.
- Start moving! The messages will come on periodically, and your other audio that's playing will automatically lower in volume.
- When you're done, press "Finish Event." All your messages will be archived in “My Past Events” where you will have them to listen to again.