Inspiration only takes a moment. To finish, a few hours. To train, though, that takes months. Prepare for the best performance at “The People’s Marathon” through MCM partners and utilize the latest in training technology or attend the informative, inspirational and insightful training workshops hosted in DC.
MedStar Sports Medicine, the proud Sports Medicine Partner of the MCM, is offering free runner education sessions with MedStar’s running physicians, physical therapists, and athletic trainers. In partnership with DC-area running specialty stores, Pacers and Potomac River Running, MedStar will offer free organized training runs along the MCM course in September and October, as well as marathon training group options at both running store partners.
The MedStar Sports Medicine MCM Education & Training Program sessions will all begin with a 30-minute fun run led by Washington’s own world-class marathoner, Michael Wardian, at 6:00 p.m., followed by the interactive education program beginning at 6:40 p.m. Attendees need not participate in the run to join the education session.
The programs will be held at the MedStar Health Orthopaedic and Sports Center at Lafayette Centre, Building 1, 1120 20th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036.
Please join MedStar, Michael Wardian and the MCM on one or all of the following dates. No registration is required.
· Wednesday, May 3 – Jeff Galloway Walk Run Program
· Tuesday, July 25 – Exercises and cross training for the Marine Corps Marathon
· Tuesday, August 22 – Nutrition and Hydration for MCM runners
· Tuesday, September 19 – Injuries, when to see a doctor, what can you train through?
· Tuesday, October 10 – Marine Corps Marathon: Event day tactics and recovery