The MCM offers a variety of technology services for runners and spectators to use before, during and after MCM Weekend. From the MCM App to Track a Runner services to Motigo, the MCM community is able to interact, investigate, inform and inspire, often requiring just a swipe or click. The best way to connect with the MCM remains over social media. Join the community on Facebook and Twitter and follow behind-the-scenes on Instagram.
The MCM offers tools to chart a runner’s success in a tweet, over email, through a Facebook post or by text. Spectators and runners can register for tracking services through the new MCM App or at www.marinemarathon.com.
- For the runner…Runner Broadcast Service
- Runners may announce their progress every 10K of the marathon course by automatically posting timing updates on their Facebook timeline or over a Twitter feed.
- For the supporter…Track a Runner
- Relatives, friends and running buddies will all be able to follow a runner’s progress along the MCM course in real time. The virtual support crew can sign up to receive updates for one or multiple runners to be delivered by text or email or posted on personal Facebook and/or Twitter pages.
Finish Line Videos
Watch the “Mission Accomplished” moment as runners cross the MCM finish line courtesy of CSNMidAtlantic. Every runner’s moment of triumph captured on video by the leading multiplatform sports media organization serving the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Motivation on the Go
Motigo will transform the 41st Marine Corps Marathon into a personalized running experience! Try the free app during training runs from October 7-9 for some pre-MCM inspiration AND use it during the MCM to hear a course specific audio tour during the run with periodic pre-recorded messages highlighting the course and added motivation thanks to a few very special guests! Invite friends and family to pre-record cheers, or runners can record personal mantras for motivation! Download the app and search for the Marine Corps Marathon to get started! Available for iOS and Android. Learn more at www.getmotigo.com.
- For Runners:
- Invite family and friends to cheer, just download the app, select the MCM event, then select “Share Event” and invite your supporters to record cheers and remember to “Start Event” the morning of your run.
- For those Cheering:
- Download and sign up for the Motigo app or visit the record cheers section of Motigo website
- Find the MCM among the events listed
- Search for a runners’ name, then choose when you want the cheer played (the runner must first register within the app)
- Record and send a cheer (or send multiple messages along the course - just select another location)
The MCM website will host live results throughout the day at www.marinemarathon.com.
Using real timing data, Map Track charts a runner’s progress by moving a runner-shaped icon along the MCM map. This visual tool is a great way to see how a runner or numerous runners compare to each other or fare against the leaders.
Whether running or supporting, everyone is encouraged to tweet observations or share images throughout MCM Weekend. Tag posts with #RunWithTheMarines.
Taking videos? Shooting pictures? Journaling the experience? Runners are encouraged to share their unique perspective of the MCM by posting on the MCM Facebook timeline.