The Marine Corps Historic Half welcomes thousands of spectators and local residents who proudly cheer and show enthusiastic support for runners along he entire13.1 mile course. From sidewalks to front porches to storefronts, Fredericksburg embraces Historic Half participants and spectators animate an energize this historic city. Scenic neighborhoods, bands, shops and entertainers - even an animal petting area - there are a variety of on-course spots where spectators and residents can enjoy the day and motivate the runners.
- Historic Half Start/Finish - be there for all of the ceremonial excitement adjacent to Wegmans
- Washington Avenue - near the scenic Kenmore Plantation
- Kenmore Avenue at Grove Avenue and Littlepage St. - take the kids to the animal petting zone with the Blue-Gray Therapy Dogs
- Prince Edward Street - watch the runners from the picturesque neighborhood street
- Princess Anne Street - view the runners in Historic Downtown
- Caroline Street and Charlotte Street - cheer on the runners outside the Fredericksburg Visitors Center
- Caroline Street and George Street - see the Colonial Heritage Society Dancers perform in front of Goolrick's Pharmacy
- Riverside Drive - cheer on runners adjacent to the picturesque Rappahannock
- Mary Washington Boulevard at Care Way- motivate runners for the top of "Hospital Hill" - the challenging hill on the course
Shuttles will be available Sunday morning, May 21 to transport spectators from the Walmart parking lot in Central Park to Historic Downtown Fredericksburg.
The Shuttle will drop spectators at the intersection of George and Prince Edward Streets, along Mile 7 of the Historic Half course.
Spectator shuttles will operate from 6:30 to 10:15 a.m.