MedStar Power-Ups for MCM Runner
For every runner planning to participate in the MCM, there's a training plan. Some first timers. Some long timers. Some recovering from injury. Some running with buddies. Others running solo. MedStar Sports Medicine, the MCM's proud Sports Medicine Partner, is offering a free power-up for every runner's plan. Train the mind, train the body for the MCM by attending MedStar's free runner education sessions, long distance and taper runs. MedStar is also hosting two live twitter Q&A sessions on the MCM account. Plus MedStar experts will host Runners Conference sessions at the Health and Fitness Expo.
Here's the schedule.
- September 8, 6:00pm - MCM Day Preparation & Tactics - Pacers (Old Town, Alexandria, VA)
- September 20, 7:00pm - MCM Day Preparation & Tactics - Potomac River Running (Arlington, VA)
- October 13, 6:00pm - MCM Day Recovery Planning - MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre (Washington, DC)
- October 19, 6:00pm - MCM Recovery Planning - MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre (Washington, DC)
Training Runs and Taper Run:
- October 1, 8:00am - MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre (Washington, DC) – Training Run led by PRR
- October 8, 8:00am - MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre (Washington, DC) – Training Run led by Pacers
- October 22, 8:00am - MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre (Washington, DC) – Taper Run with Michael Wardian
MCM Runners Conference at the Health & Fitness Expo
- October 28, 1:15-2:15pm – “Essential Strength Training for Runners” John Jowers, PT
- October 29, 12:00-1:00pm – “Preparing for Race Day Weather” Anne Rettig, MD
MedStart/MCM Twitter Takeover
Dr. Matt Sedgley and Megan Moran, PT, sports medicine running specialists will be live on the MCM Twitter page to answer questions.
- September 20, 3:30-4:30pm
- October 18, 12:00pm-1:00pm
Thanks for visiting this archived blog. The content and details are specific only for the event year highlighted in this article. For current information, please visit the event page within the MCM website.