Register now to run 6.2 miles on October 26!
Register Now »
Register now for the Turkey Trot 10K on November 22.
Register Now »
Grab a hotel room in Arlington or DC!
Book Now »
MCM Training Runs
City Sports Georgetown Hosts MCM Group Training Runs!
More Info »
MCM10KRegister now for the MCM10K on October 26!
Register now »
MCM HotelGrab a hotel room in Arlington or DC!
Book Now »
Historic HalfView photos from Historic Half Weekend.
View Now »
13.1, 10K, 5K ResultsUnofficial results from Historic Half Weekend.
View Now »
Register now for a pre-Thanksgiving 10K!
Register Now »
Register Now »
CourseHosted at The Clubs at Quantico aboard the Marine Corps Base, the Quantico Tri is sure to bring fast times and fun to all who participate. Located in the heart of the base, this event features a 400 yard outdoor pool swim followed by a swift 8.3 mile ride. Once athletes are finished with the bike course, they will run a scenic 5K which offers a 3.1 mile run through Quantico history.
All athletes will receive a technical tshirt, towel, and chip strap (must be returned at end of event). Registered athletes will be required to reconfirm 400-yard swim time in July to ensure accuracy, as this information will aid in determining the individual start times. It is in the best interest of participants to submit a time as accurate as possible. Submitting a time that is too fast puts participants with swimmers who will be passing them during the swim; a time that is too slow places participants with slower swimmers and forces them to have to pass others. The ideal scenario for all participants is to submit accurate times - the whole swim flows better. Please do not submit an "all-out effort" time. The time that should be submitted is your 400 yard swim time. Spectators will not be allowed in the pool area.
Packet Pick-up will be held on Saturday, August 23 at the Clubs at Quantico (3017 Russell Road, Quantico, VA) from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Bibs, timing chips, helmet stickers, bike numbers and competitor tattoos will be distributed at this time. A participant meeting will be held Sunday morning at 6:00 a.m. to review instructions, tour transition areas and answer questions.
For athletes new to the sport, please read USAT's most commonly violated rules to avoid penalty at the Quantico Tri.
Triathletes may enter the transition area beginning at 5:30 a.m. on event morning. All bikes must be racked by 6:30 a.m. before the start of the first swim wave. Bike racks are numbered and triathletes must put their bicycles and gear in their designated bicycle location. View a map of the transition area.
Each bike rack can hold six bikes. As such, each athlete’s space is approximately 3 feet wide by 3 feet long. Once a bike is in place, the remaining space is approximately the same size as a standard bath towel.
After racking a bike, proceed to the body marking areas located near the transition area.
Triathletes must be marked at least 30 minutes prior to the event.
1. Bike storage will NOT be provided the night before the event.
2. Glass containers are NOT allowed in the transition area.
3. Only triathletes and transition workers are allowed in the transition area. Please advise family and friends to remain outside of the transition area.
4. Rack bikes on race morning on the rack that corresponds to assigned bib number.
5. Participants will NOT be allowed to mount their bikes in the tranisition area and will be required to dismount at the designated spot outside the transition area.
6. Triathletes must show their race number to remove their bicycle and gear from the transition area after the race.
1. Swim - When triathletes finish the swim portion of the race, they will enter the transition area and proceed to their designated bicycle rack. Each triathlete’s swim time will end when they cross the timing mat located near the swim exit.
2. Bike - Bikes may NOT be ridden in the transition area. It is important to use extreme caution when departing the transition area, it may be very congested! All athletes must put on their helmet and snap the strap before mounting their bike. The helmet must remain on and buckled until the triathlete dismounts and racks their bike. Not following the helmet rules may result in a disqualification (DQ). Bike times will start when triathletes depart the transition area through the 'Bike Out' chute and end when they re-enter the transition area through the 'Bike In' chute. Once the bike portion is completed, triathletes will return their bike to their designated spot in the transition area.
3. Run - Triathletes depart the transition area by exiting through the 'Run Out' chute. Triathletes run time will begin when they depart the transition area at 'Run Out' and end when they cross the finish line.
Race Number & Tattoos
The race number received at packet pickup will include three race number tags, all stapled together. The smallest number is the helmet number, the middle sized number is a run number, and the long piece is the number for a bicycle. Athletes will also receive tattoos at Packet Pickup. Check out this video to lear how to properly place your tattos.
The helmet number is the small sticker on the front of the race number. Peel the sticker off of its protective paper and place it on the front of helmet. Placing the number on the side of the helmet will make it harder for the Officials, photographers, volunteers and event staff to identify participants.
The bike number is the largest piece of paper and is located in the back of the event number packet. The number is upside down at one end and right side up at the other. When folded over the top tube of the bike, the race number can be read easily from either side. There are two adhesive strips on the backside of the bike number. Peel the protective paper off the adhesive strips and then place the number on the top tube of the bike.
The run number is the middle sized paper in event packet. Wear this number on the run course. This number MUST be on the front of the participant. Not having the run number on the front may result in a time penalty. Safety pins will be provided at Packet Pick-up.
Tattoos will be distributed at Packet Pickup on August 23. Number tattoos should be applied on both arms and age number tattoos should be applied on the back of the leg on the calf muscles. Check out this video to lear how to properly place your tattos.